Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I've failed, so I'm just going to pick my self up and start all over again!

Well the 11 week raw food rehab didn't go quite as planned. In fact what the hell was I thinking trying to do a cleanse around my birthday and the holidays. El stupido! Not only did I fail at it, I fell hard. I started eating meat again the week of Thanksgiving until this last Sunday. I was almost 2 years vegetarian.(I ate fish once a week so I guess I was a pescetarian) I just started craving meat like crazy. I was having dreams about meat..very weird. So I experimented with it and I have to say, that while it tasted pretty good, it did not help me feel any better. I just had to find out if that was the missing component, it wasn't..

Where am I now in all this.. I started the raw food diet again on Monday. This time I mean business. I just want to feel good again. I've been feeling like shit for too long and I'm over it. I just got an allergy test in the mail that tests you for gluten, milk, soy and egg allergies. I want to lose the weight that all the stress and drinking has put on me and I'm finally to the point that I'm willing to do what it takes.

So on to what I ate

Monday:

Breakfast:
Green Smoothie(raspberry, mango, cherries, microgreen sprouts, spinach, cilantro, lime and merlin's magic.
Lunch: Raw Almond Hummus recipe is from here: http://www.drbenkim.com/almond-hummus-recipe.htm ( I cut the recipe in half, remove the parsley from the recipe and place it on top of the hummus, I also add in some cumin to the recipe and extra garlic. I also top with zaatar seasoning, cayenne and a little cold pressed olive oil) I love this recipe! I ate the hummus with cucumbers and my mexi flax crackers which I will post in the future after I measure everything out..
Dinner: Large salad with romaine lettuce, carrots, cucumber, tomato, red bell pepper, with some guacamole I made(2 avocados, 1/4 cup sweet onion(chopped), 1/4 of a tomato, 1/2 of a lime, a thin strip of jalapeno(chopped fine), pepper to taste, a little cilantro(chopped fine) and himalayan salt to taste. I also made some cilantro lime dressing in my vitamix blender.
Cilantro Lime Dressing
3 limes
3 Tbl. Olive Oil
1/4 cup cilantro
2 heaping Tbl. raw honey
1/4 tsp. himalayan salt
Blend in the blender until well blended.
Dessert: frozen bananas blended with almond milk to make a banana milk shake.

I will try and update what I'm eating and my weight loss more regularly.

Take Care,

Jen

No comments: