Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fun times and good beer in Portland


Well I made it one week straight eating only raw food. I felt really good and it felt like a really nice cleanse. I'm still eating 2 raw meals a day(most days), and a cooked meal for dinner. My pants are getting looser, but I'm not sure if I've lost any weight since I don't have a scale. I've been doing lots of walks almost everyday for an hour and fifteen minutes. I made some raw brownies here's the recipe I used. I cut the frosting recipe in half though.
recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=59196

I really like these they taste like a chocolate lara bar with frosting on it.

Just got back from Portland and tried this place called Vita Cafe in the Alberta District. I had a salad with their lemon tahini dressing and cup of tomato basil soup(not raw). They had a lot of vegan, vegetarian and a few meat options. I really wanted to try Blossoming Lotus but I didn't get a chance maybe next time. A few places I did go to was Portland Saturday Market. It was opening day and they had a little fruit stand with fresh fruit all sliced up and this was really good. We hung out at a really cool little brewpub called Tugboat Brewery which is a small pub with a nice atmosphere we didn't eat there, but we drank a few beers. We also hit up Deschutes Brewery in the Pearl and got to see our friend Brandi, that used to work in the Deschutes Brewery here in Bend. She treated us to a beer. Yes I'm aware that beer is not raw, but I love beer so I'm not giving it up just yet. Just for your information most wine is considered raw, although not all wines are vegan. So if you are going to serve a vegan some wine please make sure to check out some vegan wines.

No comments: