Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cha Cha Cha Changes!

Well it's been a while since I've written in my blog. I've been so busy with where my life has taken me. A lot of personal family stuff going on in the last few months, which I won't go into as I don't want to share such personal stuff with a bunch of strangers. I will reveal some stuff though. We are going to have to sell our house. Which is sad and exciting at the same time. My youngest son has lived his whole life in this house and that makes it hard, thinking of all the sweet memories of him crawling, climbing, etc. The good thing is I am rarely attached to material things, so I can separate myself from feeling a sense of loss. I know that something wonderful will come my way, it always does. This is where I feel that I am very lucky. So many people identify self worth with material things. The thing I will miss the most is the location, we are right downtown, and I love that! Being able to walk places and just the energy of downtown.

My rawfood business has changed to adapt to the economy. I still make food for a couple of people. I decided to start teaching raw food classes and vegetarian cooking classes. My first two classes did very well. It was so fun, to show people how they can add more raw foods into their repertoire. That has opened up some great doors for me. I am doing a big raw food class in Sisters, OR, which is about 20 minutes away. The class will be in April. I am back to working the ranch as well. A girls got to do what a girls got to do. The cool thing is it's outside and it's serene and I feel that I learn a lot from all the animals. They really are amazing creatures. I haven't been eating as raw as I should. I always have my green drink and try to make sure I get enough raw food in my day. I know I need to eat more, but sometimes it just doesn't sound as good as a burrito from Super B.

Last night I went to this silent auction for the new skateboarding park they are going to build. All these different artists designed skateboarding decks, and people bid on them. We didn't win the won we wanted but it was a fun night none the less. Well I will try to be a little better about writing, as it's very therapeutic. I've also been doing the Holosync meditations, which have been changing my life. I am saving up to buy it, I've been borrowing a friends.


I created this recipe with the leftover pulp after making Brazil nut milk, which is one of my favorite milks.

Cacao Bites

1/2 cup brazil nut milk pulp (This was from making brazil nut milk with 1 cup of brazil nuts)
1/2 cup walnuts
7 small dates, pitted
1/4 tsp. of salt
1 Tbl. coconut oil
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbl. agave syrup
1/2 cup coconut flakes, fine shred
a few dashes of cinnamon

Place all ingredients into a food processor until well combined. Roll into balls and roll into some coconut. Keep in the fridge and eat within a few days. Makes about a dozen balls.

Take Care,

Jen

No comments: