Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Living the Raw life in Bend, Oregon

Hi my name is Jen Reed. I live in Bend, Oregon and this is my raw food experiment.

Started my day with my green smoothie. Here is todays recipe:

Green Smoothie

1 bag frozen cherries
4 leaves kale, spine removed
1 small handful dandelion greens
1 small handful cilantro
1 Tbl. coconut butter
1 cup water

Blend until completely blended

I am making some of Ronnie and Minh's Spring Rolls and Thai Carrot Soup for the family I prepare food for. I just got offered to do some catering for a birthday party out in Sisters. Sweet..

The power of intention is so strong. I am manifesting my wishes and desires..Thank you universe..You are so giving.

Here is my recipe for:

 Thai Carrot Soup

10 large carrots, tops cut off
1 meyer lemon, remove rind, but leave pith in place
1-2 inch piece of ginger, peeled

1/2 tsp. himalayan salt
1 tsp. thai spice mixture (make sure you check ingredients, as some brands have shrimp in them, I think the frontier brand was shrimp free)
1 tsp. white miso (optional, but good)
1 Tbl.  coconut butter, Artisana brand
1/2 an avocado
3 Tbl. Olive Oil (Bariani Brand)

garnish with cilantro finely chopped

Juice the first 3 ingredients in your juicer. Pour juiced ingredients into the blender, then add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve room temperature or warmed slightly in dehydrator. Garnish with chopped cilantro

No comments: