Thursday, March 27, 2008

Top Chef had a raw recipe on last night.

I love the show Top Chef it's on Bravo, Wednesdays at 10:00pm. Well last night one of the contestants prepared a raw taco/burrito using a jicama, as the tortilla. It was filled with tomatoes and avocados, but the cool thing was he won the challenge. Just another confirmation that raw food can taste good if you know how to put things together. If you want to see the recipe click on this: http://recipes.bravotv.com/top_chef/season_4/episode_3_2/vegetarian_tacos_with_jicama_
tortilla.php

Trader Joe's opens tomorrow at 9:00am. Bend is beside itself that we finally have a Trader Joe's. The closest one prior to this opening was in Eugene and there are also a couple in Portland. I guess it is their 300 hundredth store opening. My friend Beth got a job there. They are expecting straight up chaos. I want to go check it out, but I have human claustrophobia. I get agitated when I can't get down the aisle and carts are coming in both directions. I wonder what the name of that phobia is, possibly shoppingcarthumanphobia.

 I have been doing pretty good eating raw. I had a little relapse by eating Annie's Macaroni and Cheese. The weird thing is almost immediately after eating it, my stomach got all bloaty and gassy. Which sucks, but it's good to show me how food affects/effects (can't remember which is right)me. I have always had a hard time digesting pasta. I usually by rice pasta which doesn't seem to bother me. 

I am reading this book called "Skinny Bitch", Oh my Goodness the way these ladies write is hilarious. I don't think I have ever read a book where the writer just says it like it is, like these two ladies do. 

Take Care,

Jen

No comments: