Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Things are going well..

I have another couple of people that are interested in me preparing raw food for them. I am trying to figure out how I can add all these people and still have a life. I guess I need to structure this business the way that will work for me. Normally, I try to make everyone else's life easier and then feel exhausted by it. So I will take people Monday through Thursday and have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. I ordered some bulk supplies from www.rawguru.com. Yesterday a 10lb bag of raw chocolate came. 10lbs of raw cacao powder, now that's a lotta choclolate. I need to connect with a grower and get my veggies bulk. 

Went for a run by the river yesterday what a beautiful day. I love running in the spring and fall, because the temperature is perfect for exercising. I was all raw yesterday and will be all raw today. I really need to discipline myself better. We know what we should do, but we don't always do it. 

I am reading this book by Joe Vitale called Zero Limits. I am trying to put this into practice the message of this book is LOVE. It was funny because last night on Frontline they had this documentary called "Bush's War" and he is someone that I really don't like. But I put the practices of Zero Limits on Ole GW and I don't know if it helped, but I thought it was hilarious. My friend Beth and I were talking about that, just the other day at lunch. She is doing the Eckhart Tolle class through the Oprah show, and she said the same thing. "You have got to love everybody, no exceptions" and I said, "even GW?",  and she said, "Even GW". We were laughing so hard.. Why is it hard to love some people? In the book Zero Limits he says, "the reason it is so hard to love people we don't like is, because we see the same qualities in ourselves." This was a hard blow as I can't imagine how I could be anything like GW. Oh well sending him LOVE regardless. I said I would post the recipe for my salad  so here it is.

Spinach and Pear Salad (serves 2)

Baby Spinach, as much as you like on each plate
1 Bartlett Pear, sliced thin
1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
Cashew ricotta saved from making rawvioli ( 1 cup cashews, 1 lemon, juiced, 1 tsp nutritional yeast, 1/2 tsp. himalayan salt, 1/4 tsp dill, 1/4 tsp herbes de provence, a couple of grinds of fresh pepper)

Herbalize me don't criticize me dressing:

1/2 Cup Fresh, Italian Parsley
1/2 Cup Fresh, Basil
1/2 Cup Fresh, Cilantro
1 Meyer Lemon, Juiced
1 Lime, Juiced
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
Agave, a couple of squirts
1/4 tsp. Herbes De Provence
1/2 tsp. Himalayan Salt
A couple grinds of Pepper

Blend dressing ingredients in a Vita Mix, until well blended.

To serve:
Take the Spinach, Pine Nuts, Pears and Cashew Ricotta and place on a plate. Drizzle with dressing and eat. This tastes like a pear and goat cheese salad. If you make it tell me what you think. 

Take Care,

Jen

No comments: