Monday, March 17, 2008

Today was busy with raw food preparations. I had to prepare 9 entrees, 2 salads and 4 sandwiches. I made raw alfredo with zucchini noodles and mushrooms that had been sauteed at 105 degrees in the dehydrator. I also prepared fajitas (mushrooms, zucchini, onion, red bell pepper) smothered in chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, lime juice, nama shoyu, and olive oil. Then you place some cashew cheese on a piece of romaine lettuce and I filled it with cabbage and topped it off with some chipotle cashew sauce. It actually tasted pretty good. My brother came over today to help me do some prep work. You could tell he was scared to try some of the food that I made since he eats some really shitty food..(sorry bro but the truth hurts). He actually liked the Alfredo, and he said he couldn't believe it was made with nuts. 

I ate two raw meals today, but after fixing food all day I have to admit I caved and ate a bean and cheese burrito. I've told you before..I love bean and cheese burritos and organic sulfite free wines. Just two weaknesses not too bad is it? They are having a raw potluck in Bend this Friday night. I want to go. It would be fun to meet some local raw fooders. Not that I should be calling myself a raw fooder quite yet. Although when you figure with all the raw food I do eat, it's still healthier than the average american person. 

Take Care,

Jen

No comments: